Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Last Airbender: A Mini Marathon

Last night me and Val really got into watching the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I wasn't to hot on the idea seeing as how I wanted to watch something that would be resolved before we went to bed. I'm so glad that Val talked me into it though. Everything about this show is obsessive worthy. The story is ridiculously complex, the humor is quite funny, the characters..... oh the characters. It sounds silly to have such high praise for a kids TV show but it is truly amazing. In my last semester in college I recommended the show to a hand full of people. They pretty much all gave me a look as if I was crazy. The conversation went something like this...



me: "So the show is about this kid, who's the avatar. No wait.... ok the show is also about all these nations that are fighting and can do stuff called bending. There are four nations and they can all do different bending fire, earth, air, or wind. The avatar can do all of them and has to save the world."

them: "So that's the entire show?"

me: "well..... kinda. (Incoherent ramblings in an attempt to explain the show)"

them: "Riiiiggggghhhhttt. Sooo, it's a kid's show."

me: "Well, yeah but it's not really. Just watch it. Everyone I've ever met has either seen it and loved it or has never seen it."



SO two of the 4 people rented it and watched the entire first season in two days over the next weekend. We all started telling inside jokes such as calling our group that was working on a project "Team Avatar" which is only funny if you've seen the show...... Anyways, check it out if you get the chance. It's well worth it!!!!!

No comments: