Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday and a Teapot

Val and I were sitting around trying to figure out what to do for her birthday. We could not think of ANYTHING. It was not good. We had to find something new and different to do. After about an hour of thinking Val thought that it would be fun to go to Art Attack, a local place where you can paint your own pottery and things that they have prepped and ready for painting. We settled on a teapot that sits on top of the teacup that it comes with! I thought it was going to be weird and full of old people, but it wasn't at all. In fact, it was a bunch of artsy college students. Weird right? Yeah.... really weird. Anyways, we felt right at home and everyone was really nice there.



"I love tea..." in french


Val drew this character walking. How great!

Annnnd here she is again.



This is from the other side. It says "me too..." on the top, in Hungarian.


And this is what it looks like seperated :)

After we finished our couple teapot I asked the lady that worked there when it would be ready. "By Wednesday", she said.
"What!??!! Wednesday? Aww man", was my response.
"Well, I am throwing some into the kiln now and have some extra room.... I could put it in and it would be ready by tomorrow."
"That would be great! Especially since it's her birthday today," I said, pointing to Val.
"Oh! Well! Happy Birthday!"
So we were actually able to pick it up today, which was quite exciting since Val and I NEVER get to work on projects. Great times were had by all.
As a side note, the lady said that this was literally a ONE time thing. She would never do that normally and we would not get to do it again. How lucky for us that she let us do it at all! Well, hope you enjoyed this post and support your local art places!

No comments: