Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day Of School

Bwah! Sorry for the lack of updating...... I guess it's only been 4 days or so but Val and I have done a lot in that time and been super busy. I finally took a video of our apartment.... I mean.... flat. I said I would do it a while back but the video I took was too long so it couldn't upload. Anyways, here it is..... (drum role)

I know EPIC right?

Now on to the matter at hand. Our first day was pretty great. Val and I were both incredibly nervous. However, she is excited to teach the 5th and 6th graders and I'm excited for the 7th and 8th. Our second day was also good and not much to report there. Tommorow we'll meet with the teachers that we'll work with and start some lesson planning. I'm considering making a lesson on Sunday for the entire week but that might be a little heavy. I dunno.

Tonight we have been invited to Turner, Agi's (Agi Turner) daughter's hostel for some Hungarian home cooking. We actually leave in about 40 minutes from now. That should be exciting and I'll probably end up taking some video of the experience. We'll have to see if there's anything that would be ok to record.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I'm so proud! You guys rock! Sounds like you've got a huge amount of support as you start into the lesson planning part. Hang in there and enjoy your class!