Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Trip To Florida

So Today I've been having a mixture of feelings ranging from sadness to happiness to anxiety. These emotions stem from the fact that I am leaving to visit my grandparents in Florida on Saturday. I'm very excited to see them and see Florida again but I am also terribly sad to be leaving my girlfriend, Val. People always think that it's funny whenever I say that I'm sad to be leaving her, even for a couple of hours. The thing that people don't understand is that we were always in love with eachother throughout our middle and highschool days. We kept having missed connections and, although we were really in love, never had the opportunity to get together. We saw eachother during our worst and told each other everything and were very close before we even got together. So, essentially I feel as if I am leaving a huge piece of myself behind when I leave her.
As far as my grandparents are concerned I haven't seen them in years and I used to spend every summer at their condo in Florida. I've always loved going onto the beach and building sand castles.... and then, of course, crushing them. My grandparents are the sweetest people I've ever met and I really can't wait to see them again. They are both becoming quite old and I fear that this could be one of the last times that I see them and that I will regret it if I don't go. It will be nice to see and hear the waves crash on the beach, collect shells, and just relax with them.

I'll be sure to put some videos and pictures up of my trip when I get back.

No comments: