Monday, May 31, 2010

Learning to Animate: The Animator's Survival Kit


I got this book called The Animator's Survival Kit for Christmas this past year. I have been meaning to read it but have not had the chance since it accidentally got put into storage. Anyways, I thought that I would start reading it after I found it and was totally blown away by the first few pages! I have heard from other people and read on blogs that it was an absolute necessity but never really took it to heart. I think I will now. I feel as if I will learn more from this than the 4 years I had in college! I'm going to continue to read it but as a VERY quick exercise I decided to try my hand at a quick animation to see how it would work out. I made it into a GIF but couldn't post it so here was what the process looked like.



Update: I did another animation. This one was not nearly as jumpy as the first and that's why I'm uploading this one and not the other one.


1 comment:

Gramps said...

This makes me happy! I knew this book could be very useful to you