Saturday, October 2, 2010

Back to Basics

I've been forgetting my video camera EVERY time we go out and do something interesting. There was a band playing in the metro last night and I missed it :P. I've also missed a couple of opportunities to show off some of the amazing places that we've gone to in Budapest. Last night we went to an amazing cafe in a book store. It's definitely a new hangout spot. The ceiling was huge and the music and atmosphere were ridiculously nice.
In school related news, Val and I have been adjusting to working at the school and it's started becoming second nature to us. It's nice because it gives us a chance to actually focus on other parts of our lives. Other than this, things have been quite calm. We try to keep things from getting routine and in Budapest it's not very difficult to do. There's always something new and exciting happening and I can't help but feel inspired by the city. It makes me want to create things and work on art all the time!
When we first arrived in Budapest, I loved it. Then I started to dislike it, due to culture shock and the language barrier, and now I feel like I love the city again. There's something special about it and I can understand why people love Hungary so much!
Today we'll be going to Gerbaud and a couple of other places to try and find some things we need. (I/E paint, pencils, and other things) Can't wait to see what happens today!
I'll start posting some more videos today.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Christie said...

or maybe just some snapshots with your phone or other camera... any ol' thing will do. :)

CGI Johnny said...

yeah. I don't have a camera unfortunately :/ and the phone camera quality is pretty horrible. Oh well :D.